What is the OFCERT scheme?
OFCERT is a voluntary scheme administered by OFTEC to licence and identify products that have been designed to comply with recognised performance standards (e.g. OFTEC Standards) and manufactured under an approved quality management system, such as ISO 9000.
Who can obtain an OFCERT licence and how much does it cost?
OFCERT licences are administered to OFTEC members free of charge, and are also available to non-OFTEC members on an annually renewed basis.
The non-OFTEC member cost for each licence, per annum, is as follows:
|Product||OFTEC Standard||Cost (1 licence, p/a)|
|Oil Pressure Atomising Nozzles for use with Kerosene||OFS E100||£200 + VAT|
|Capillary Type Remote Acting Fire & Overheat Valves for use with Oil Supply Systems Connected to Fixed Combustion Appliances||OFS E101||£200 + VAT|
|Gauges for use with Domestic Oil Supply Tanks||OFS E103||£200 + VAT|
|Filters, Strainers and Water Separation for use with Oil Supply Systems||OFS E104||£150 + VAT|
|Overfill Alarms and Overfill Prevention Devices for use with Domestic Oil Supply Tanks||OFS E105||£150 + VAT|
|Polyethylene Oil Storage Tanks and Tank Bunds for Distillate Fuels||OFS T100||£545 + VAT|
|Steel Oil Storage Tanks with and without Secondary Containments for use with Distillate Fuels, Bio-Fuels, Lubrication Oils and Waste Oils||OFS T200||£2,200 + VAT|
|De-Aerators||OPS 23||£200 + VAT|
How do you obtain an OFCERT licence?
Typically, to obtain an OFCERT licence, the manufacturer will need to:
- Design a product to comply with an OFTEC Standard;
- Get it verified as meeting/surpassing the requirements of the OFTEC Standard by a third party;
- Obtain, read and comply with the OFCERT Scheme Rules (download here);
- Provide the following to OFTEC:
- A completed application form (found at the back the relevant OFTEC Standard)
- Evidence of third party verification (e.g. a test house certificate and associated test report)
- A quality management certificate (UKAS, INAB or equivalent to ISO 9000)
- In the case of non-OFTEC member, submit payment to OFTEC for an annual licence;
- Await receipt of an OFCERT certificate for the product in question.
How do you obtain an OFTEC Standard?
OFTEC Standards are available as free-of-charge downloads to OFTEC members, and are accessible here.
Non-OFTEC members and non-OFTEC registered technicians are charged £150 per standard, including VAT and P&P. OFTEC registered technicians benefit from a 20% discount and therefore, are charged £120, including VAT and P&P, per standard.
To order your copy, contact OFTEC Direct on 01473 626 298.
Where can you get a product tested?
OFTEC currently has two ‘associate member’ test houses:
16 Abbotsinch Road
Tel: +44 (0) 1324 489 182
Malvern View Business Park
Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham
Tel: +44 (0) 1242 677 877
Fax: +44 (0) 1242 676 506
How are OFCERT licence products marketed by OFTEC?
Once an OFCERT licence is issued, the relevant product and its associated licence number are added to the OFTEC Equipment Directory. To download the latest version, click here.