Information and advice for anyone who uses heating equipment at home
or work and is off the mains gas network
Welcome to our hot topics section which features a wide range of advice and information for anyone using heating equipment off the mains gas network. Millions of people in the UK and Republic of Ireland don’t have access to mains gas and depend instead on a wide range of alternatives to heat their home or business. If you’re one of them, we hope you find this section useful.
The topics covered include the choice of heating options and how they compare on price; tips on energy efficiency; fuel storage; heating systems; maintenance and servicing; how building regulations apply to heating; and the Renewable Heat Incentive.
To access pages in this section, click on the hot topics tab on the main consumer menu or the links below:
- Home heating off the mains gas network
- Oil boiler servicing
- Domestic oil tanks and storage
- Domestic oil heating systems
- Unvented hot water tanks
- Flues, chimneys and ventilation
- The domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Renewable energy and your oil heating system
- Heating installation work and Building Regulations
- Workmanship warranty
- Keeping warm and saving money